Friday, March 23, 2007

Ouch

When I woke up this morning, I had a headache and didn't feel very well, self inflicted after a night drinking Guinness. But I don't think I felt as bad as the Labour campaign team in Sutton North in Ashfield, part of Nottinghamshire County Council.

In 2005, the result was Labour 2105, Tory 1118, Lib Dem 654, Ind 598, Green 223.

Yesterday there was a by-election. The result:

Labour 435
Tory 222
UKIP 70
Lib Dem 1979

Labour vote share went from 45% to 16%, Lib Dem vote from 14% to 73%, for a swing from Labour to Lib Dem of 44%.

I know we're generally not all that popular at the moment, but that is an absolutely appalling result. Anyone have any details?

1 Comments:

At 6:40 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

Blimey. Even the Tories crashed, so it can't be ructions in the local LP. No BNP, either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home