Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Good Old Boy #32

The defection of Top Tory Quentin Davies poses an ethical dilemma. Some people are pleased because it hurts the Tory Party, others angry because it involves a right-wing Tory becoming a Labour MP. Quentin is probably in fact even more right-wing than other comrades such as Red Shaun.

The important thing to remember is that the priority at all times is to support whatever will harm the Conservative Party. Quentin Davies is not, in fact, going to be able to use his new position to advance his support for the death penalty or any of the other loathsome causes that he supports, and the net effect of his defection is up the workers and down with the Tories. Also his resignation letter was obviously his own work and was quality.

I will, though, be upset if he becomes a minister tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am afraid I'll ruin my street credibility by saying this but still...

I was walking past him today at lunch. He was sitting there all on his own, eating (pasta and red sauce - alone), and there's something about that action (I think) that makes people look so vulnerable.

I felt really sorry for him. I'm pathetic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home