Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Is that it?

Today our government announced its programme for the last full Parliamentary year before the next general election. There is a decent chance that this will be Labour's last opportunity for several years to use their parliamentary majority to help change Britain for the better through parliamentary legislation.

It's not that the bills are all objectionable (indeed, some are quite good, albeit fairly modest in scope, while others are right-wing rubbish). But taking the fourteen bills as a whole, is that really all they could think to come up with?

2 Comments:

At 12:28 am , Blogger Tom said...

Where was constitutional reform? Aaaargh!

 
At 12:58 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, apparently they have also come up with paying for unemployed middle class people's housing (how this fits with taking unemployed working class people's housing away, I cannot fathom).

I'm not sure I can be bothered any more. Every time I see the direct debit go out for my membership I think "This is partly my fault".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home