Thursday, July 31, 2008

Good Old Boy #65

Thanks to Andreas in the comments for this one, a response to David Miliband's article on Comment is Free:

I'll be voting Labour at the next election and I'll tell you why.

I'm 85 and been in and out of hospital frequently since 1992. I can say categorically that things are infinitely better now . Back in 1992 not just a long waiting list but when you got a date you had to ring up on the morning to see if there was still a bed. 2 times out of 3 there was not. Now medical procedures have improved and speeded up. When the consultant says "we'll have another look in six months" you get an appointment in precisely six months. In the nineties a medical exam under anaesthetic meant three days in hospital now you go in at 8AM and sent home 4PM. Many internal examinations are now done by endoscopy and you only spend a couple of hours in hospital. I know because I served on a Health Service Committee that the long waiting lists were due to lack of funding.

I'm also voting Labour because I'm better off. Yes things are tighter than they were 12 months ago but I'm a damn sight better off than 12 years ago. Then my pension just about covered day to day living, now there is some over for the odd luxury.

No doubt the above will cause apoplexy among the majority who contribute to Cif. I get the impression they are nihilists or anarchists and anti-government and within six months of a change of government the bile and invective will be as OTT as it is now.

Btw will those who use the silly phrase "NuLabour" do so in the opening sentence. I can then skip to the next comment because I know their unoriginal contribution will be the same old rubbish that all users of "NuLabour" spout.

The same applies too to those who use BLiar, Broon Harperson et al. If you've got a constructive point you want to make it is not improved by unoriginal Private Eye name calling.

3 Comments:

At 9:36 am , Blogger Robert said...

I've no doubt some people will be better off I spent eighteen month in hospital under the Tories after an accident left me with a spinal cord lesion, I waited 18 hours to be seen by a doctor who then sent me home with a leaflet on drinking, he had worked 38 hours non stop and mixed me up with another person, the thing was my trip home cost me the use of my legs, and I had a bleed into my spinal cord.

But it was under Labour that I caught MRSA on three occasions, it was under Labour that my hospital sold the cleaning contracts to an out side agency, it was under Labour that the nursing staff was cut back until nurses taught me to give my self injections.

It was under Labour that my wife and sister in law and two other women came into the hospital to clean the ward I was staying in, I was on traction for eighteen months, for eighteen month my wife and friends came in to the ward to help keep the hospital clean.

it was under Labour that the EU cut doctors working hours and Blair worked so dam hard to block, the threat of a court case finally allowed doctors to work no more then 48 hours.

I was once having an injection when the doctor stuck the needle into my leg and fell to sleep I finished the injection and the nurses put a blanket over him, she said he had been on duty for 38 hours non stop. My hospital took off the wrong leg of a Patient, took out the wrong Kidney of a patient who then died, who gave a patient 300Mg of morphine every hour because the doctor could not read English or speak English, and she had never seen a PCA.

I have no problems with doctors or nurses they work dam hard to dam hard for a job in which peoples lives are at risk.

This old lady may well have a better life, I bet the majority of those paying a 35% increase in gas and electricity will not be saying the same.

 
At 1:49 am , Blogger Unknown said...

yeezy shoes
polo ralph lauren outlet
red bottom shoes
uggs outlet
oakley sunglasses outlet
adidas nmd runner
uggs outlet
ugg boots
michael kors outlet store
polo ralph lauren outlet online
zhi20170116

 
At 9:40 am , Blogger Unknown said...

stephen curry shoes
ferragamo belts
michael kors outlet
adidas ultra boost
yeezy shoes
lacoste online shop
five finger shoes
ferragamo belt
cheap jordans
nike huarache
20170626

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home