Monday, May 05, 2008

Tapping on doors

I was chatting on Sunday to a Labour councillor who, after months of hard work, had just been elected. I asked him what he'd spent his first day after the elections doing.

"Well, it was a nice evening, so I went round my ward, knocking on people's doors, introducing myself as their councillor and asking if there was anything I could do to help. It was really good, now that the elections are over - it's possible to have a longer chat with people rather than just making sure to try to get round as quickly as possible".

There are many lessons to be learned from the last set of elections. But I reckon that we can all learn a lot from the councillor who doesn't just work hard to get elected, but then promptly spends the day after the elections out talking to his constituents.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 pm , Blogger Matt Sellwood said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home